PREPARE FOR THE NEXT BIG STEP IN YOUR CAREER AT OUT PROFESSIONALS’ FULL-DAY, 5-SESSION CAREER INTENSIVE.
The job market is good. Now is the time to capitalize on your value. On Saturday, October 6, Out Professionals invites you to spend the day with career coach John Crant, creator of the Self-Recruiter® Series for Job Search and Career Management. The techniques Crant outlines during this five-session intensive are going to make a critical difference to your career. At the day’s fifth and final session, “Refreshing Your Image,” Crant is joined by image consultant and author David A. McKnight (“The Zen of Executive Presence”).
At this day-long event, you discover:
• Step-by-step Refresh Techniques to Transform your Career Brand
• Case-Study Master Class: Using a System to Drive Your Success
• LinkedIn and Resume Best Practices to Showcase Yourself
• Using Social Media to Spread Your Career Message
• Cracking the Code to a Refreshed Image
Session One: Visualizing a Pathway to Your Dream
– Just what is it that you’d really like to do?
– Aligning the sun, moon and stars
– The end, the means, and getting there
– Shadow Learning — from your aspirational competitors
– Creating your future plan and taking the first steps
Session Two: Rebranding Your Career — Step-by-step Refresh Techniques to Transform Your Career Brand
– Your resume must work in 3–5 seconds to make it into Stack Number One
– ‘Best Practices’ for an attention-getting LinkedIn profile
– Maximizing LinkedIn as a three-dimensional sales brochure
– It’s all about the focus of your story
Session Three: Case Study Master Class — Using a System to Drive Your Success
– It Really is About the Numbers
– Frozen in Place: You can get that magic back — If you can just get started!
– This Train That Never Ends: Keeping all those items “in the air”
Session Four: Using the Social Media Advantage in Your Career
– If a Tree Falls in the Forest: Getting career attention
– It’s a Chess Game: Think ahead six to eight (or 10 to 12) moves
– Building and Leveraging Your Career Story: It’s a social media campaign
Session Five: Cracking the Code to Refreshing Your Image
Image consultant and author David A. McKnight (“The Zen of Executive Presence”) believes that image management can provide you with the confidence and credibility you need to establish a positive connection at once. He shows you how to evaluate your professional presence — wardrobe, presentation, style. And helps you develop a preliminary action plan that you can begin to implement immediately.
– What are the differences between Identity, Image and Brand?
– Which four components make up someone’s Professional Image?
– Which are the elements of image you can and cannot control?
– For Professional Presence, which three elements are most easily adaptable?
– Of the seven acknowledged Universal Styles, which is your primary style? Your secondary?
David A. McKnight is a certified image consultant and life coach. He is the founder of McKnight Image Lab, a consulting and coaching firm based here. He is the author of “The Zen of Executive Presence: Build Your Business Success Through Strategic Image Management.” David works with high-performing professionals, entrepreneurs and creatives to develop an image and personal brand that can take a career or business to the next level. After earning a B.A. in Sociology from Rutgers University and an M.S. in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University, McKnight spent some 15 years as a management consultant and financial services corporate executive. His media appearances include Huffington Post, Inc. Magazine, CNBC.com, The New York Post, PIVOT Magazine, JET.com and WSJ Market Watch.
John Crant is an author, career coach and sought-after speaker on job search and career management. He has lectured and presented seminars at the New York Public Library’s Job Search Central; the New York State Department of Labor and other workforce development organizations; Goldman Sachs’s 10,000 Small Businesses Program; and at the Harvard Business School Club of New York. His series “Secrets to Launching Your Career in a Changed Job Market” is specially designed for colleges and universities.
Self-Recruiter is a registered trademark of Provident Resource, Inc. All rights reserved.
Special thanks to our Venue Sponsor:
Deloitte Consulting, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues and 49th-50th Streets. Enter behind the famed skating rink with its gilded statue of Mercury. Proceed to Empire A Room (40S019) on the 40th Floor. Subway: B/D/F/M to Rockefeller Center/47th-50th Street; E to Fifth Ave/53rd Street.
Job search and career advancement intensive. Doors open at 9:15 a.m. Bring your coffee early and talk with job search expert John Crant prior to the start. Seminar series with Q&A from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lunch break at approximately 12:30 p.m.
Thanks to support from Venue Sponsor Deloitte, we are able to offer this full-day five-session event at a fraction of the normal cost. Nonmember (normally $225), just $125. Dues-paying OP Member (normally $195), just $95. Also included, your copy of “Self Recruiter® Changing the Rules” ($20 value). Seating limited. To guarantee your place, register early. All sales final. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP OFFER
A 12-month Individual Out Professionals membership PLUS admission to this full-day, five-session job search and career advancement intensive (normally $245), just $145 total. And remember, that buys you a full year of low-cost or no-cost OP networking opportunities.